Mynd Matters is thrilled to announce our 2019 Vanessa Y. Bryant Literary Scholarship contest for juniors and seniors living in Peach County, GA.
The Vanessa Y. Bryant Literary Scholarship was established in 2018 in memory of Vanessa Yvette Bryant. Bryant, a native of Fort Valley, GA, and graduate of Peach County High School, was an avid reader and talented writer that supported academic causes and instilled the importance of education into her daughters. The Vanessa Y. Bryant Literary Scholarship is funded by Mynd Matters Publishing, which is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and owned by Vanessa’s oldest daughter, Renita Bryant.
The Scholarship will be awarded to a junior or senior living in Peach County, GA, and this year’s essay topic is “PIVOT.”
The scholarship recipient will receive:
- • A financial scholarship of $500
- • A spotlight in the Mynd Matters Publishing newsletter and social media
HOW TO ENTER
- • There is no cost to participate.
• All entrants MUST be juniors or seniors living in Peach County (GA) as of March 15, 2019.
• Essays will be accepted January 14, 2019 – March 14, 2019. The winner will be announced at the PCHS awards ceremony.
• Essays must be typed, in English, standard font (Times, Arial, Garamond), 12 pt, double-spaced, between 750 and 1,000 words. They must address the 2019 theme of “pivot.”
• Only one submission per entrant.
• All questions should be directed to VYBScholarship@myndmatterspublishing.com with the subject line: 2019 Vanessa Y. Bryant Scholarship Submission.